Spring Car Care Tips
Winter finally appears to be gone and with more sun and rising Myrtle Beach temperatures comes an entirely different strategy for car care. Fortunately for you, we’re here to help. Here are the components you should prioritize this spring:
- Once winter is over, your top car care priority should be a good, thorough wash and wax. Allowing debris and grime to build up on your car can affect its paint and finish, while allowing salt to build up can lead to rust and other serious problems.
- Give your car a fresh, spring start! Remove and throw away all interior papers, trash and other unnecessary items that have accrued over the winter months. The nicer weather will also allow you to spend extra time vacuuming the carpets and seats too.
Inspect Wiper Blades
- As spring starts and temperatures warm up, check your wiper blades for any signs of cracking or wear. Winter weather can cause dramatic wear as well as damage that you’ll want to fix for our spring rains!
Check Tire Pressure
- Air temperatures get cooler during the winter months causing tire pressures to decrease and many drivers to add air to their tires. Well, as the temperatures climb back up, those tire pressures will also increase. Be careful that your tires don’t increase past your manufacturer specification or it could seriously affect your car’s drivability and fuel economy.
Check Under The Hood
- Make sure your car’s engine made it through the winter without any issues by checking under the hood. Cold temperatures can weaken belts and hoses, while this time of year is also a good opportunity to check fluid levels like your coolant, oil and windshield fluid.
- Winter can be very harsh on roads, which in turn is harsh on your vehicle. These harsh conditions can throw off your car’s alignment or damage suspension components.
So there you have it… when you’re tackling spring cleaning this season – don’t forget your car! If you aren’t confident or comfortable in your own knowledge to perform these maintenance tasks, we are happy to assist you in these routine checkups to make sure you’re going into this spring without any potential issues lurking under your hood!